Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Party Crashers at the White House

 Ok so let me get this straight.




 I have to damn near undress to go through a metal detector at the airport. I daily get interrogated by U.S. Marshalls when I come through the federal building where I work. I actually once had my Starbucks coffee cup inspected.

 Oh, but this couple can just stroll all up in a party with the president of the United States. No invitation. No background check. No clearance. No one inspecting their cup of coffee. They can take photos with the Vice President and Chief of Staff. They can post pictures from the party on Facebook.

I on the other hand can't bring my Blackberry into the Federal Building WHERE I HAPPEN TO WORK BY THE WAY because it has a camera on it.

 Are you freaking kidding me?

This is the second high profile occasion where the Secret Service has slipped up. The most recent was when the Iraqi journalist threw shoes at former President Bush.

What are you guys doing? I get searched like a terrorist to enter a building thousands or miles away from the president, but these people can walk right in. Huh? Am I missing something here?

No comments:

Post a Comment