Saturday, October 17, 2009

$400 a day for wigs???



I watch (and rather enjoy) "Real Housewives of Atlanta." (That show is chock full of blog material on its own). I’m focusing today on something Kim said on this past week’s episode.

Anyone who watches knows Kim is a proud wig lover. So proud she only wears wigs and not her natural hair. On this episode while getting ready for a party, Kim and her hairstylist Derrick (while wearing a fabulous pair of pumps) talk about her wigs. She says she wears a brand new wig every day. He asked how much they cost. She says about $430 each. $430 per wig, per day! She figured it up to be $12,000 a month on wigs.
Are you freaking kidding me (Big Poppa is shelling out some major cash.)

Like I said I'm not a hater. If you afford to do that, go for it. My problem is simple, her wigs look awful. If you watched last season she looked a hot mess. I'm telling you if you're gonna pay $400 a day for a wig, it needs to look a hell of a lot better than the ones she's wearing. I've seen better looking wigs at my local beauty supply and they weren't even close to $400.

My advice, if you must change wigs daily invest in someone who can get you a better piece. There are people in wig shops whose only job is to help you pick out wigs. Or bring Derrick, I’m sure he can pick out a great hair piece. This is 2009 there's no reason anyone has to wear a bad wig, (especially when you have a rich benefactor that can afford to buy you good ones.)

Blogosphere lets help her out. Do you know a good wig place you can recommend for Ms. Zolciak?

No comments:

Post a Comment