Monday, October 12, 2009

Cell phones have turned good people into total douchebags

Are you freaking kidding me?

People, don’t call me and talk to other people in the background.  Talk to the other people and then call me when you can talk to just me.

People, don’t call me, just to tell me you’re gonna call me later.  Just call me when you are available to talk.

People, don’t call me at 3 in the morning and ask me what I’m doing. I’m sleeping. You should be too.

Cell phones are leading to the demise of our person to person communication. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of cell phones. I’ve grown to rely heavily on my Blackberry to do everything from make calls, get directions, surf the Internet, keep my appointments, etc. I love being connected. I love that I can access almost anyone at almost anytime.

But all that accessibility comes with a few negatives. Before cell phones people rarely talked to me while using the bathroom (this happened to me two days ago). Before cell phones people didn’t just call you with nothing to say. Before cell phones people reserved making calls to when they really had something important to say. We somehow managed to survive for many years without being able to talk to anyone at anytime. Now we have that capability and I get the pleasure of sitting on the train while douchebags talk loudly on the phone about what they ate for lunch.

Please people stop this madness. Lets use this technology for good. I don’t wanna know what you did this weekend. I don’t care. I could care less that he still hasn’t called since you went all the way with him. I don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment